Melanie Adkins, M.Ed., LMHC, CAP, ICADC
Helping adults, couples and adolescents is my passion. As a Licensed Mental Health Therapist, I specialize in the assessment and treatment of issues such as: depression, anxiety, trauma, relationship issues and other difficult situations. I believe that the shared therapeutic relationship between the client and the therapist contributes to a facilitating environment, which frees the client to search for individual truths and develop self-awareness that leads to healing and growth.
Recognizing and working through one’s issues and pain can unveil personal meaning and purpose in life. I use a cognitive-behavioral approach to help clients understand how thoughts and behavior impact our emotions and equip you with coping strategies. I operate from a client centered approach and believe that individuals deserve to thrive, feel happy and reach their full potential.
My approach is positive and encouraging. Together we will work to get to the root of the issue and resolve what can be resolved. Sometimes this means simply gaining a different perspective on an old problem; other times it means healing and learning to move past the deep wounds life can cause. It is my role to help you sort out the complications so you can heal, grow and become the best possible version of yourself.
Her areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Bipolar disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Personality disorders
- Master’s Degree (M.Ed.) Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) Human Sciences
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Client Centered Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor LMHC (MH12034)
- Certified Addiction Professional CAP (5715)
- Internationally Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor
- ICADC (130840)
- Qualified Supervisor for Registered Mental Health Counselor Interns